Town of Kennebunk - (207) 604-1366
- The Kennector by ITNCountry provides an affordable transportation option for adults living in Kennebunk, Kennebunkport and Arundel. The program is built on a classic neighbor-helping-neighbor model, powered by the kindness and generosity that exists in our three towns. All riders must register with The Kennector prior to scheduling a ride. FMI contact us at (207) 604-1366.
- KITT (Kennebunk In-Town Transportation) is made possible through a partnership between The Town of Kennebunk and York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC). KITT provides an in-town bus route every Tuesday in Kennebunk, picking up riders at centralized stops and dropping off at various locations such as Hannaford, Shopper’s Village, Downtown and the Library. The KITT schedule is posted online. YCCAC advertises cancellations on the following news channels:
- Channel 6, News Center Maine NBC Portland
- Channel 8, WMTW ABC Auburn
- Channel 13, WGME CBS Portland
York County Community Action (YCCAC) - (207) 459-2932
YCCAC offers a range of transportation options throughout York County available to the general public and are equipped for people with disabilities. In Kennebunk, the following services are offered:
- Connect to Care provides transportation services to any resident needing assistance getting to cancer care at area facilities.
- Local Rides Shuttle will take residents to Biddeford for shopping and medical appointments every Wednesday. Riders must make a reservation in advance and are typically picked up at their homes with a return trip an hour or more later. You can view the detailed route information on YCCAC’s website.
- York County Veterans Ride Service helps veterans needing transportation to medical appointments. Reservations are required by calling YCCAC.
The Center - (207) 967-8514
- The Center, located at 175 Port Road in Lower Village, offers a volunteer driving transportation program called FISH (Friends in Service Helping). Volunteer drivers provide rides to Kennebunk, Kennebunkport and Arundel for medical appointments. Riders may use FISH when they have no other means (family, friends) of getting to an appointment. This service is not meant to handle repetitive appointments for life sustaining procedures or clients in wheelchairs. Drivers prefer morning and early morning appointments. All riders must register with the FISH Program prior to scheduling a ride.
MaineCare Transportation Reimbursement
- MaineCare covers Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) for eligible members. You may get a ride to your MaineCare-covered appointment or have your ride reimbursed by MaineCare. Make sure to make an appointment at least two business days in advance and check that it is covered by MaineCare and approved by York County’s Transportation Broker: Modivcare (formerly LogistiCare). Modivcare will process ride requests via phone at (877) 659-1302 or submit a request online.
Workforce Transportation Program
The new Go Kennebunks, Sanford and Biddeford bus line and its new Workforce Transportation Program got rolling in July of 2023.
For local businesses this means that YOUR employees – current and future – can take the bus! While the Kennebunk-Kennebunkport-Arundel Chamber of Commerce received a transportation grant and matching partner funds to cover the cost of starting and continuing the line for two years, it is a PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION LINE. So anyone can take it, including day trippers, teens looking to get to school, people needing to get to Biddeford or Sanford for appointments, etc.
The buses used by Biddeford Saco Old Orchard Beach Transit, are new and beautiful. And the Chamber has partnered with local company RideMaine to bring employees that “last mile” – usually into Lower Village and Kennebunkport – from the stop in Shopper’s Village. View the schedules here.
If you have employees who can take the bus, there are two options:
1) You can make a contribution of at least $250 to the program and your employees (all of them with passes the Chamber issues) can ride for free.
2) Or they can pay $2 each way to ride.
Both of those scenarios are a pretty inexpensive employee perk you can offer when looking to hire. And once employees have a pass, they can ride any BSOOB bus at any time on any day – from Portland down to Kennebunk – for any reason. All free.
If you have any questions, call the Chamber at (207) 967-0857.