The Town of Kennebunk continues to consult the US CDC, the Maine CDC and the Governor's office for best practices as they relate to COVID-19 and reopening our community. We will make changes and updates to our operations and services as appropriate for the health and safety of our Town and citizens. We urge all citizens to take safety measures as they venture out. (Last updated 6/23/20).
- Town offices have reopened to the public as of May 20. A public entrance has been established through the Town Hall auditorium (the entrance between the columns at the very front of the building). Those individuals requiring use of the elevator will enter through the side entrance, as usual.
- Face coverings/masks are required to access the building.
- Updated hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with all offices closing from 12:00 -1:15 p.m. for an opportunity to sanitize and disinfect workstations and shared public spaces and for staff lunches.
- We continue to offer services online for individuals who are able to and may prefer to complete their business from home. Visit our Staff Directory to contact the various Departments of the Town by phone or email.
- Gooch's, Middle and Mother's beach are open for conventional uses. All beach users must follow social/physical distancing guidelines and remain 6' apart from those not in your family group, and users must wear a facial covering (mask, face shield) if that physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Sidewalks remain open for "active use" only. Walking, running, walking dogs (on leashes) is allowed, but sitting, beach chairs, sun shades and beach umbrellas are not permitted on the sidewalks.
- Dogs are permitted on Gooch's, Middle and Mother's beaches under the following guidelines: leashes must be no longer than 6' and cannot be retractable. From June 15-Labor Day dogs are only allowed on the beaches before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. Dogs may be off leash before 9 a.m., but must remain on leash after 5 p.m.
- Parsons Beach Is open, however, there are NO DOGS ALLOWED through July 31 due to the presence of Piping Plovers.
- Beach parking stickers are available for purchase, in person, at Town Hall. Beach passes are required on all vehicles parking along Beach Avenue from June 15-September 15.
- Town parks, playgrounds, tennis courts, basketball courts are open for use. All park users must follow social/physical distancing guidelines and remain 6' apart from those not in your family group, and users must wear a facial covering (mask, face shield) if that physical distance cannot be maintained. In addition, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Recreation and Park Association has provided safety guidelines for participating in outdoor recreational activities. View details here.
- Pickleball at the Waterhouse Center remain CLOSED as we continue to review guidelines for safe play.
- Recreation Summer day and Explorer camps have been cancelled for the 2020 summer season.
- All Recreation programming and events are suspended until further notice, including May Day and West Kennebunk Family Fun Day. Please contact the Recreation Department regarding rescheduling and/or refunds.
- Town of Kennebunk Fireworks have been cancelled. As large gatherings are not permitted at this time, the Town has cancelled the July 4th fireworks.
- The Kennebunk Artisans Marketplace has cancelled their 2020 season. Look for the Marketplace to return to the Waterhouse Center in 2021.
- Bicentennial Celebration postponed until June 2021 (updated 4/29/20) - the Bicentennial Celebration, originally scheduled for June 2020, has been postponed until June 2021. Updates and information related to the Bicentennial Celebration are posted on Facebook and on the Bicentennial Committee's page on our website.
Town Services, Meetings and Election InformationStay Informed
- New Election Date: July 14, 2020. The May 14, 2020 Special Town Meeting (to vote on Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments to permit retail marijuana testing facilities in the Business Park Zoning District) and the June 9, 2020 Annual Town Meeting (Town Referendum, School Budget Validation and State Primary/Referendum) have both been rescheduled for July 14, 2020. Visit the Election and Town Meeting Information page for additional information.
- Non-binding committee meetings are being held on a case-by-case basis until further notice, at the discretion of the Town Manager.
- PAYT Town Trash Bags are required for the curbside collection of trash as the cost of collection is paid through the purchase of these bags. There are "No Contact Options" (PDF) for purchasing town trash bags, and if you need assistance purchasing town trash bags or are unable to afford them at this time, please contact us at 985-4811 or via email.
- The KITT bus service has resumed. Please view route information here. Seating capacity has been reduced and the use of masks/face coverings are required to ride the bus.
- Vehicle and Trailer Registrations - View information related to vehicle registrations here.
- Residents experiencing hardship or in need of food or assistance during this time, or those needing assistance running errands or getting essential items can contact the Social Services office by phone at (207) 604-1342, or via email.
- Town Manager's Public Service Announcements - View public service announcements from Town Manager Michael Pardue. These PSAs are also posted on the Town’s Facebook page.
- The Town has formed a Community Reengagement Task Force to reengage the community in response to the anticipated regression of the Coronavirus. Meetings are held via Zoom. View details and Zoom instructions by visiting the meeting event on our website calendar. To submit comments or feedback to the Task Force please complete this form.
- Sign up to receive news and announcements from the Town via email and/or text message.