Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes
Did you sell your house but still received a tax bill from us? The bill was mailed to you because you were the owner of the property as of April 1, 2019. Please forward the tax bill to the new owners for payment.
Our 2020 real estate & personal property tax bills are now available. They have been mailed to the address you filed with the Assessor's Office.
- Taxes are due semi-annually (first Friday of October & first Friday of April)
- The first installment is due on Friday October 4, 2019
- The second installment due date has been extended to Friday May 1, 2020 (was originally due April 3, 2020) given the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak in our community.
- The Town of Kennebunk's fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th
- The Town Mil Rate is 13.75 with Evaluations at 100%
- The 2019-2020 fiscal year interest rate is 9%
- Tax bills are assessed to the owner of the property as of April 1st each year
- Interest accrues immediately after each due date. Please call the Tax Collector's Office for the most current payment information (207) 985-2102 x 1606.
- Tax bills are mailed to the taxpayers at the address the taxpayer registered with the Assessor's Office. For taxpayers that have taxes in escrow, it is their responsibility to forward this information to their mortgage company. Taxpayers should retain a copy for their records.