The Social Services Office provides resources, referrals, information and need-based support to individuals and families in our community. Our most common daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Providing telephone support to residents looking for resources.
- Collaborating with our local non-profit organizations to assist residents in our community who have an unforeseen need that they’ve identified and requested assistance with.
- Collaborating with Kennebunk Light & Power; our local electric company to assist residents who are in jeopardy of a disconnection.
- Offering Holiday Assistance through our partnerships with a variety of non-profit organizations to offer Thanksgiving and Christmas Food Boxes, Christmas Trees and Christmas Gifts.
- Processing Fuel Assistance applications and arranging of fuel delivery.
- Processing General Assistance applications and administering funds if found eligible.