Welcome to Kennebunk! We wish you success in our community and look forward to supporting your business in Town.
If you are looking to start a business in Town, you will first want to identify the Zoning District of the property where you wish to operate. You can use our GIS Mapping tools and the corresponding District Regulations to find this information (instructions on finding Zoning District and District Regulations (PDF)).
Once you have determined this, and whether the operation of a business is permitted in the District, you may need to apply for a Building Permit (PDF) to change the use of a current space, or construct a new space, or complete paperwork for a home occupation use (PDF).
All businesses must register with the Town as required by either Maine State Statutes or the Town of Kennebunk’s Ordinances. Simply complete the online Business Registration Form (PDF) and mail it in with a one-time $30.00 fee. You may also register in person at the Town Clerk’s office.
Are you already a valued member of our community?
You may find the following information, permits and licenses helpful.
- Economic Development resources
- Door to Door Registration (not currently available online)
- Lodging License (not currently available online)
- Outdoor Dining Permit (PDF)
- Peddler/Street Vendor License (PDF)
- Special Amusement Permit (PDF)
- Street Vendor License - Non-Profit (PDF)
- Victualer License (PDF)
- Victualer License - Special Event (PDF)