- Public Services
- Transfer Station & Recycling Drop-Off Center
Transfer Station & Recycling Drop-Off Center
The Transfer Station is managed and operated by CPRC Management, LLC. This facility is used for bulky waste that cannot be collected during curbside collection.
For those who may occasionally have more trash than will fit in your curbside collection trash container, may be away during the scheduled collection, or live on a lengthy private road and find the curbside collection program difficult, the transfer station will accept household trash provided it is in the Town's Pay-As-Your-Throw trash bags.
The Transfer Station accepts recycling materials as well as large items such as appliances, demo wood, brush and stumps, windows, mattresses, furniture, TVs, and tires for a fee. View a complete list and fee schedule of acceptable materials.
Accepted Items for Recycling
- All returnable plastic and glass bottles
- Plastic containers #1-7
- Large Rigid Plastics (5-gallon pails and laundry baskets)
- Glass including clear, brown and green containers
- Empty Metal and Aerosol Cans
- Aluminum cans and foil
- Corrugated cardboard boxes, brown paper bags, clean pizza and cereal boxes
- Mixed paper such as all office paper and junk mail
Items Not Accepted for Recycling
- Items like plastic bags cannot be recycled and are not accepted at the Kennebunk Transfer Station. However, local retailers like Hannaford have containers to recycle them. Call your local store for more information.
- Plastic wrapping, window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, dishes, pyrex, ceramics, paper towels, facial tissue, Styrofoam, recyclables containing food waste, paints, oils, needles, syringes, VCR tapes, CDs/DVDs, scrap metal, pots, pans, batteries, hard-cover books, clothing/textiles, wood/lumber, yard trimmings, 3-ring spiral notebooks.
- Children’s toys, video cassettes, CDs and DVDs can have a second life by donating them to local daycare centers or by dropping them, in good condition, by the Treasure Chest. Treasure Chest hours are Friday and Saturday 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Check for restrictions with attendant on duty
- Hazardous waste and chemicals are not accepted at the transfer station. If you have materials like gas or mixed oil, please call Clean Harbors for disposal information (207) 799-8111.
- For medical waste like syringes, please call Southern Maine Medical Center (207) 283-7000.
Resources for Donating Items
- Treasure Chest, located at the Transfer Station/Recycling Center at 36 Sea Road in Kennebunk. Hours of operation are: Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., April through November. The Treasure Chest is a swap shop where people can drop off used household items that are in good condition and look through our stock of items in the shop for something to take home. There is no charge for picking up or dropping off items.
- ReStore, a Habitat for Humanity store located in Kennebunk at 4 Industrial Drive (off York Street/Route One). 207-502-7021
- Goodwill Industries Store and Donation Center, located at 420 Alfred Street in Biddeford. 207-282-1998