Our Next Election: Annual Town Meeting / RSU 21 Budget Validation / State Primary Election
When: June 14, 2022
Time: 6:00AM - 8:00PM
Where: Edward C. Winston Town Hall Auditorium; 1 Summer Street, Kennebunk
Our voter guide is available online here (PDF). Printed copies are also available in the Town Clerk's Office.
For additional Budget Information, visit our Municipal Budget page.
- Your party affiliation (Democrat, Green Independent, Libertarian or Republican) is important for this Election.
- You will receive town and school ballots if you are an Unenrolled voter, meaning you are registered to vote but are not enrolled in a political party.
- If you are Unenrolled (some refer to this as Independent) you can enroll in a party anytime. If you are already enrolled as a Democrat, Green Independent, Libertarian or Republican, the last day to switch parties is Friday May 27, 2022.
We always encourage absentee/early voting. Absentee ballots are now available for the June 14, 2022 election. You can request a ballot/vote early in one of the following ways:
- Complete an online request form here. Your ballots for the June 14, 2022 election will be mailed to you.
- Call 207-604-1326 and request ballots be sent to your mailing address
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and take ballots home to all in your household
- Come in to the Town Clerk’s Office and vote in person once absentee ballots are available
The benefits of voting with an Absentee Ballot include:
- Easy - Safe - Secure
- No lines - No waiting - No parking hassle
- Vote from the comfort of your home
- Take your time to educate yourself prior to voting
What Ballots will I receive?
The following Ballots will be in your packet:
- State Primary Candidate Ballot: If you are registered as a Democrat or Republican, you will receive that corresponding Candidate Party Ballot. If you are Unenrolled, you will not receive a Candidate Ballot, but you will receive the town and school ballots.
- Local Candidate Ballot:
Name Open Position Wayne E. Berry Kennebunk Light & Power District Trustee Gayle Asmussen Spofford RSU 21 Board of Directors Andrew Freda RSU 21 Board of Directors Claudia Sayre RSU 21 Board of Directors L. Blake Baldwin Select Board Miriam Whitehouse Select Board Leslie G. Trentalange Select Board Wayne A. Brockway Sewer District Trustee
- Local Annual Town Meeting Referendum Ballot
- RSU 21 School Budget Validation Ballot
Additional Hours for Registering to Vote and Voting Absentee
In addition to regular office hours Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, the Town Clerk’s Office will be open for Early Absentee Voting on:
- Saturday June 4, 2022 from 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Sunday June 5, 2022 from 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Thursday June 9, 2022 until 7:30pm
Absentee Ballot Drop Box
The Absentee Ballot Drop Box is available starting the week of May 16, 2022. This is a secure 24/7 opportunity to submit your ballot and requires no postage.