The Town of Kennebunk is committed to providing a safe environment for all of our citizens, especially those most vulnerable in our community, such as our seniors and individuals with underlying health conditions.
In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19 the Town is following Maine CDC and US CDC recommendations, including social distancing policies, and practices related to maintaining a healthy work environment.
Effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, at 12:00 p.m., we are taking the following precautions:
- The Town Hall offices are CLOSED to the public until further notice. Please note this also applies to all of our Public Safety and Public Services facilities. We will continue to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19, follow guidance from State and Federal agencies, and will determine when to reopen to the public. For the convenience and safety of the public, there are many options for completing business online. Please visit our Staff Directory to contact the various Departments of the Town by phone or by email.
- All non-binding committee meetings are canceled until further notice. For the most up-to-date and accurate meeting schedule, please visit our website calendar. We will post meeting agendas as they are scheduled as well as opportunities to view meetings and provide public comments.
- All Recreation programming is suspended until further notice. Please contact the Recreation Department regarding rescheduling and/or refunds.
- Trash and Recycling collection will continue on its normal schedule.
- Schools in the RSU 21 District are closed. Visit the RSU 21 website for notices regarding school closures. Residents in need of food assistance during this time are encouraged to contact Ellen Demmons, RSU 21 Food Services Director.
- Kennebunk Free Library is closed until further notice. Please visit the Library website for updates and to learn how to access materials online during this time.
- Residents experiencing hardship or in need of assistance during this time can contact the Social Services office by phone at (207) 604-1342, or via email.
- Visit our website for the most up-to-date and complete information regarding these changes. Please share this information with others in our community who may not have website access.
We will get through this together. We apologize for any inconveniences you may experience as a result of these measures. We are acting in the interest of protecting the health of our community and appreciate your cooperation and patience. Kennebunk is a close-knit community with many caring individuals looking out for each other. We thank you for being a part of it. In the meantime, if you are wondering what you can to do help, we have some ideas here.