The Town of Kennebunk continues to consult the US CDC, the Maine CDC and the Governor's office for best practices as they relate to COVID-19. We are following guidance and directives from those sources and will make changes and updates to our operations and essential services as appropriate for the health and safety of our community and citizens
(last updated 6/3/20).
(last updated 6/3/20).
- Town offices have reopened to the public as of May 20. A public entrance has been established through the Town Hall auditorium (the entrance between the columns at the very front of the building). Those individuals requiring use of the elevator will enter through the side entrance, as usual.
- Face coverings/masks are required to access the building.
- Updated hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with all offices closing from 12-1 for lunch and an opportunity to sanitize and disinfect workstations and shared public spaces.
- We continue to offer services online for individuals who would prefer, and are able to complete their business from home. Visit our Staff Directory to contact the various Departments of the Town by phone or email.
- Effective Saturday, June 6, Gooch's, Middle and Mother's beach are open for conventional uses. All beach users must follow social/physical distancing guidelines and remain 6' apart from those not in your family group visiting the beach, and users must wear a facial covering (mask, face shield) if that physical distance cannot be maintained.
- Sidewalks remain open for "active use" only. Walking, running, walking dogs (on leashes) is allowed, but sitting, beach chairs, sun shades and beach umbrellas are not permitted on the sidewalks.
- Parson's Beach remains CLOSED at this time. This closure will allow for the safe replanting of the trees along Parson's Beach Road.
- Dogs are permitted on the beaches, but MUST be on a leash at all times. "Voice control" only is not permitted. Leashes must be no longer than 6' and cannot be retractable. From June 15-Labor Day dogs are allowed on the beaches before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. At this time, dogs must remain on leash at all times.
- Beach parking stickers are available for purchase, in person, at Town Hall. Beach passes are required on all vehicles parking along Beach Avenue from June 15-September 15.
- Parks with green spaces are open for active use. All park users must follow social distancing guidelines and remain 6' apart, and users must wear a facial covering (mask, face shield) if that physical distance cannot be maintained. Gathering in groups, loitering and playing games that violate social distancing guidelines are not permitted.
- Tennis courts will re-open on June 5. Please consult the US Tennis Association's Safety guidance regarding play.
- Basketball nets, hoops, playgrounds, the dog park and the skatepark remain CLOSED as we continue to evaluate the safety of these activities and the ability to properly sanitize and disinfect areas and surfaces per guidance from health officials and experts.
- Parks & Recreation Summer day and Explorer camps have been cancelled for the 2020 summer season.
- All Recreation programming and events are suspended until further notice, including May Day and West Kennebunk Family Fun Day. Please contact the Recreation Department regarding rescheduling and/or refunds.
- Town of Kennebunk Fireworks have been cancelled. As large gatherings are not permitted at this time, the Town has cancelled the July 4th fireworks.
- The Kennebunk Artisans Marketplace has cancelled their 2020 season. Look for the Marketplace to return to the Waterhouse Center in 2021.
- Bicentennial Celebration postponed until June 2021 (updated 4/29/20) - the Bicentennial Celebration, originally scheduled for June 2020, has been postponed until June 2021. Updates and information related to the Bicentennial Celebration are posted on Facebook and on the Bicentennial Committee's page on our website.
Town Services, Meetings and Election InformationStay informed
- New Election Date: July 14, 2020. The May 14, 2020 Special Town Meeting (to vote on Proposed Zoning Ordinance Amendments to permit retail marijuana testing facilities in the Business Park Zoning District) and the June 9, 2020 Annual Town Meeting (Town Referendum, School Budget Validation and State Primary/Referendum) have both been rescheduled for July 14, 2020. Visit the Election and Town Meeting Information page for additional information.
- Non-binding committee meetings are being held on a case-by-case basis until further notice, at the discretion of the Town Manager.
- PAYT Town Trash Bags are required for the curbside collection of trash as the cost of collection is paid through the purchase of these bags. There are "No Contact Options" (PDF) for purchasing town trash bags, and if you need assistance purchasing town trash bags or are unable to afford them at this time, please contact us at 985-4811 or via email.
- The KITT bus service has resumed. Please view route information here. Seating capacity has been reduced and the use of masks/face coverings are required to ride the bus.
- Vehicle and Trailer Registrations - View information related to vehicle registrations here.
- Residents experiencing hardship or in need of food or assistance during this time, or those needing assistance running errands or getting essential items can contact the Social Services office by phone at (207) 604-1342, or via email.
- Town Manager's Public Service Announcements - View public service announcements from Town Manager Michael Pardue. These PSAs are also posted on the Town’s Facebook page.
- The Town has formed a Community Reengagement Task Force to reengage the community in response to the anticipated regression of the Coronavirus. Meetings are held via Zoom. View details and Zoom instructions by visiting the meeting event on our website calendar. To submit comments or feedback to the Task Force please complete this form.
- Sign up to receive news and announcements from the Town via email and/or text message.