About the Harbormaster

The Harbormaster works under the direction of the Police Department and enforces the Kennebunk River Ordinance and the laws of the State of Maine that pertain to water safety. The Harbormaster is responsible for maintaining the mooring registration list, mooring waiting list, mooring assignments, and mooring inspections. The Harbormaster works in conjunction with the  River Committee.


Permanent moorings are by assignment only. Assignment is determined from the current Waiting List (PDF). The waiting list is maintained annually at a cost of $15 per registrant. To apply for a position on the waiting list, please fill out the Waiting List Application (PDF).   

View a list of Mooring Inspection Contractors (PDF).

Transient Moorings

A transient mooring rental is available on a first come, first served basis. The fee is $25 per night, with a maximum of three (3) nights, 38 foot vessel length maximum. FMI call the Harbormaster at (207) 205-0991.