- All dogs 6 months of age and older must be licensed every year by January 31st
- The State implements a mandatory $25.00 late fee per dog in addition to the town fee to re-register your dog, which starts February 1st of the calendar year.
- A current Rabies Certificate, obtained from a Veterinarian, must be provided at the time of licensing or be on file with the Town Clerk, from a prior year, before a dog can be licensed.
- If your dog has been spayed or neutered, it is important to bring proof from the Veterinarian so we can update the file.
Dogs may be licensed in one of three ways:
- Online by going directly to the State of Maine’s website. We would receive notice of your online payment which would prompt us to mail the dog license and tag to you.
- In person at the Town Clerk’s office.
- Mail by including a note with your name and address, telephone number and dog’s name and send a copy of the rabies and spay/neutering certificates with a check payable to the Town of Kennebunk. We will mail the dog license and tag to you.
How much does it cost to license my dog with the Town?
- Spayed/Neutered dogs = $6.00 each
- Unaltered dogs = $11.00 each
Your dog licensing fees support:
- Local Animal Control Officers and State Humane Agents
- Investigation of animal cruelty complaints and enforcement of animal welfare laws.
- Compliance with rabies vaccination of dogs
- Care for sick and injured stray animals
- Return of lost dogs to their owners
Is your dog lost or have you found a dog who appears lost?
- Our Animal Control Officer (ACO) Rebecca Parker should be notified. She can be reached at 207-985-2102 x1611.
- Further information can be found on the Animal Welfare Society’s website.